Website Online Payment instead of email payment

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by BruceC, Nov 4, 2018.

1. BruceC

BruceC Bit poster

I do not trust clicking on links in emails to make payments. This is far too easy to spoof.

This started when I got an email from Cleverbridge a couple of months ago saying my annual prescription was due and had a link for me to pay. I immediately logged into my account on Parallels to make a payment, but I could no longer find a link to directly make my annual payment.

When I am on the Buy.Parallels.com website and then I log in and I click on renew my license, it should take me to the website payment page rather than send me an email.

Does Parallels cover any costs associated with spoofed emails from Cleverbridge? I expect not, so please give us the ability to click thru to payment without having to receive an email with a link to Paypal. This can be very dangerous. Many posts recommends that we do not click on any email payment links.

Email is far too easy to spoof. Please bring back direct payment links from the Parallels site. It is ok if it goes thru Cleverbridge to PayPal as long as it does not send me a email to click on to make a payment.

So, would you notice if the email came from Clevrbridge instead of Cleverbridge.

Thanks
    Bruce

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

3. ZaynK

ZaynK Bit poster

This is exactly the same problem I'm facing on my website. I'm gonna drop the suggestion here

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2020
  4. Hello, thanks a lot for sharing this.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions we will be glad to help!