What ever happened to quality?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by nitebike, Dec 13, 2007.

1. nitebike

nitebike Bit poster

I have gone from delight and evangelizing Parallels to any one that listens to great disappointment. I have lost track of the number of bugs I'm experiencing with build 5582. Shared networking only sporadically works. Shared folders no longer work. Full screen mode is no longer full screen. The Windows clock no longer keeps accurate time. And the most annoying of all - the Windows Activation issue that many other users are also experiencing. That problem alone cost me $230 for nothing. I wonder how many other Parallels users, like me, paid Microsoft when they didn't have to.

This is unacceptable. I want to know what Parallels is going to do about this quality problem. I also think that Parallels should consider store credits or equivalent up to the amount their users wasted on needless Windows Activation.

I want to see Parallels succeed, but letting quality slip like this will cost them dearly and give VMWare the open door they need to erode Parallels installed base.

2. MaximS

MaximS Forum Maven

3. bhandy

bhandy Bit poster

I've contacted Parallels Support for the issue I'm experiencing. I can no longer remote desktop to my workstation at work through my VPN connection. I can access other resources on the corporate network except my workstation. VNC does not work either. I reverted back to build 5160 and confirmed I could remote desktop, and then I upgraded to build 5582 and immediately, I could not establish remote desktop connection over the VPN connection.

For some reason, I don't recall this as an issue in build 5580 (the release candidate), but I cannot confirm this as I no longer have the DMG for build 5580.