What happened to my Start Menu?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Macaby, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Macaby

Macaby Member

I'm running Parallels 4 with Win 7 and have had no problems up until today. Suddenly, my "start" menu had disappeared. I'm using the "window mode", but the start menu is also gone from the "full screen" mode as well. I don't know if this is a function of some key(s) I hit or from an update to Parallels. I have version 5.0.9220 if that matters.

I CAN view/access the Start menu by moving my mouse over the red dot in the upper right hand corner, but I prefer to access the start menu/system tray from the bottom of the screen.

What do I have to do to return the start menu to the bottom of the screen.

Another problem I have is the default for Windows Media Player. I have never used MP in my currant copy of Windows, nor do I remember setting it up.

The problem is that when I'm on the OS X side and I try to play a video such as an MP4, Parallels starts up and then MP plays the video. I've discovered that I can right click on the file (mp4) in OS X and then manually choose QuickTime. The pulldown menu that I select Quicktime shows MP as the default player for this type of file.

2. vasilyz

vasilyz Parallels Developers

> Suddenly, my "start" menu had disappeared
    Do you mean the windows taskbar? In the "window" mode, please, go to the "View" menu of the PD, and click the "Show Windows Taskbar" item.