What is the most recent version of Parallels that can run macOS High Sierra as a guest OS?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by AndrewS60, Aug 22, 2023.

1. AndrewS60

AndrewS60 Bit poster

I have s couple of Mac applications I want to use that will only run on MacOS High Sierra.
    I own Parallels 19 Pro and I have both an M1 Pro MacBook Pro and a Intel Xeon iMac Pro 27" that could be used as the host computer.

Will Parallels 19 Pro support MacOS High Sierra as a guest OS?
    If not, what is the most recent version of Parallels that can support MacOS High Sierra as a guest OS?

I searched the Parallels Forums and did not find a thread that answers this question.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help answer this.

2. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

The oldest version of MacOS you can run on M-series Macs is either Big Sur or Monterey, but it requires running Monterey / Ventura as Host.
    Intel Macs can go as far back as say Snow Leopard (Server). My MBP '19 w/ v17 has DOS -> Win11, MacOS (whatever came right after SL) -> Sonoma Beta, and the most popular flavors of Linux.

3. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Parallels can run 10.5 Leopard (Server) as well. It can run the client versions of 10.5 and 10.6 with some minor changes. 10.4 requires more research.