What is the Official Status of PD 3 and Leopard?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by w7ox, Oct 29, 2007.

1. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

I see threads with folks having difficulty with Parallels Desktop (PD) 3.0 and OS X 10.5.

And today I read that there is a beta program for PD 3.0, which I assume is the same product. "RENTON, Wash. October 29th, 2007 -- Parallels, Inc., has released a new beta version of its award-winning Parallels Desktop for Mac, the worlds leading desktop virtualization product, that is certified to work with Mac OS X Leopard, delivering better performance and enhanced usability when running both Windows Vista and XP on a Mac. ..."

This seems to be acknowledgment that those of us with current *released* versions of PD3 are tilting at windmills if we continue trying to use them with Leopard.

I'm loathe to use beta software with an OS I installed only today (since I may have problems related to that). Seems like the best course of action is to wait for a new released version that Parallels technical personnel tell me will work with Leopard.

Am I correct in this conclusion -- assuming I don't want to test a beta version? If so I may install Bootcamp tomorrow and then use that virtual drive with the eventual Leopard-compatible PD3.

Phil

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Leopard is not officially supported. My assumption is that Parallels will support it after this current BETA hits production. Wise of them if you ask me.

Nobody worth their salt uses Leopard in a mission-critical environment unless they have tested everything themselves anyway... Give it a month, and just hold your horses.