What version do I have?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by flipdoubt, Jun 29, 2007.

1. flipdoubt

flipdoubt Member

I thought I purchased Parallels 3.0 from PowerMax, but I'm starting to doubt that the more I use it. The About dialog says it is build 3214, but I just got a message that I am entitled to upgrade to 3.0. So, what version is 3214? I called PowerMax, and they said they don't know.

Help? :confused:

2. King1212

King1212 Bit poster

I think you have to have version 2.0 to be able to use 3.0? o.0 I have no idea really o.o

3. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Build 3214 is an update for Parallels version 2.5. Likely you got it by using the Parallels update tool. Version 3.0 is an upgrade, not update, and so is not found using the Update function. You should contact order-support@parallels.com and request information how you can get the upgrade key for 3.0.

Version 3.0 is available to download using the Download link at the top of this page. You will need to provide the correct license key to activate it. Perhaps PowerMax provided a key for 3.0? Just make certain you have the correct key before installing 3.0.

Version 3.0 modifies the virtual machine files such that they cannot be used again in version 2.5, so if you anticipate you may wish to retrograde from 3.0 be sure to make a backup of your machines.

4. flipdoubt

flipdoubt Member

Thanks for your help, guys. Just so I know what to keep my eyes open for, what is the build number for version 3? Thanks.

5. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

6. flipdoubt

flipdoubt Member

I faxed in my info for the free upgrade, so I hope to be out of the woods soon. Does anybody know how long these upgrade requests take to process?