Where on earth do I donwload "Parallels Tools for Boot Camp"??????

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mjgrothaus, Dec 21, 2006.

1. mjgrothaus

mjgrothaus Bit poster

I can't find where to download "Parallels Tools for Boot Camp." Can someone help me out on this? A link perhaps?

2. chosenken

chosenken Junior Member

I belive with the new beta you do not need them. If you have them installed from beta 1, you need to unistall them before trying to boot with Parallels. I guess they figured out a way to do with out needing something installed there.

3. mjgrothaus

mjgrothaus Bit poster

Ok. Any advice for how I natively boot into Bootcamp now? I keep getting the DOS screen that asks me to select which I would like to boot, Windows XP Pro or Parallels Tools, but I cant select either because it wont read my bluetooth keyboard!!!!!!

4. chosenken

chosenken Junior Member

That is why. I don't belive Parallels supports Bluetooth yet, not sure. Try to use a USB keyboard. Any USB keyboard will work.

---edit---

Actually....that was quite dumb of me....because its not Parallels emulating a Bluetooth keyboard. ANYWAYS, um...try a usb keyboard? I never really had that problem because I run on a MacBook Pro.

5. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

Sounds like you did NOT remove the old Parallels Tools for BootCamp from the BootCamp XP.

Removing that using ADD/REMOVE Programs in Windows removes the Boot.ini file that you are seeing. The new version is completely automatically makes the decision for you.

ajm