Which version do I have?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by josh s, Jul 2, 2007.

1. josh s

josh s Bit poster

Hi,

I just bought Parallels Desktop for Mac at an Apple Store on Friday, June 29th(yes, the only person not getting an iPhone in the store). I want to make sure I bought 3.0, it doesn't indicate the version number anywhere on the box, and I'd like to figure it out before I open it so I will have an easy exchange at he store.

I am concerned because of the timing of my purchase, and because the ad on the right of this page http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ has a box that says "Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac" while my box omits the "3.0".

Thanks for your help!

2. ariell

ariell Member

Well then, it looks like you got version 2. You are entitled to version 3. You should be able to contact Parallels support and get the proper key for version 3, but Parallels isn't always so good about getting out new keys. Best idea: return the product and buy it online directly from parallels. It is a ~70MB download.

3. josh s

josh s Bit poster

Thank you.

I just dropped by the Apple Store again and the guy I spoke to(who was selling the same Parallels box I had bought to another customer) had no idea about a version 3.0.

I will do what you recommended, thanks!