Why Parallels 3.0 Gaming Not Worth it for MBP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Cyphin6, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Cyphin6

Cyphin6 Junior Member

If you own a MBP you probably know by now that now only are you trying to play games in an virtual environments, there is bottleknecks with that already, and also you have an under clocked X1600 that barely can play games as is in mac, so I don't think virtual is yet the way to go, too many bottleknecks too, and compatibility issues, I wouldn't remove your bootcamp for this.

Great Concept not ready for implementation for (all)Gaming.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. jvgfanatic

jvgfanatic Member

Fortunately not all gaming is about 3D and flashy eye candy, there are a number of strategy games I've successfully run under Parallels (many from matrixgames run good if not great). Granted, most people want the latest and greatest eye candy but there's no reason to rule out *all* games.

As far as Mac gaming goes, Neverwinter Nights and World of Warcraft run just fine. Sure, the machines aren't the best of everything but I've no real complaints yet. Besides, if we all bought Macs to play games we ARE a sorry lot!

3. Cyphin6

Cyphin6 Junior Member

I may not have stated clearly what I was saying the all was for those who thought so I never said it couldn't play games I just don't see it worth using more over bootcamp, since bootcamp is more stable and everything works, plus I can clock my GPU to standard factory clock everything runs smooth in bootcamp, the convience of playing Windows games in Mac does not outway the current issues IMO.