will parallels work with leopard?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by hbg, Oct 18, 2007.

1. hbg

hbg Member

This thread was moved from "Installation and Configuration in Mac OS".
    Alicia

Does anyone know if the current parallels will work with Leopard?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2007
  2. David5000

David5000 Pro

I think it's a safe bet to say that it may not at first but eventually it will.

If you don't have a pressing need to upgrade to 10.5 right away, I would wait awhile (a few weeks or months) before doing so, until the inevitable bugs are found and fixed.

David

3. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

both 2.5 and 3.0 versions will officially support Leopard once it is released.
    We will wait for the final Leopard release which will be available on Oct 26 both for us and our customers. We expect that 2.5 & 3.0 will work on it in general but will probably have a number of issues. Then we will fix issues and release updates in few weeks depend of the issues found.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

4. driver49

driver49 Member

Following multiple threads here re: Leopard.

Alicia, what will be the recommended routine for upgrading the MacOS to Leopard where Parallels is concerned?

Will we be able to just install Leopard and just leave Parallels/WinXP alone like any other Mac app (theoretically, anyway) ?

Will Parallels work with Leopard if we're running anything less than the current build (I have 4128 on machine and it works fine after some difficulty installng WinXP, so I'm inclined to leave it as is).

Is there even any way to know the answers to these questions before you've gotten your hands on the final release build on 10/26?

Good to see that y'all are on top of it, however it turns.

Thanks,

--PS

5. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

driver49,

as we suppose you won't have to reinstall PD after the upgrade of MacOS but it's hard to say with confidence. Both 2.5 and 3.0 versions (and their builds) will work with Leopard.
    for firther information, please, see the official Parallels blog.

Best regards,
    Alicia.