Window resolution too large

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rollerbones, Nov 28, 2006.

1. rollerbones

rollerbones Bit poster

I have the newest version of Parallels installed on my Macbook with XP SP2 and the latest Tools installed. It seems I now cant be switched into XP Full screen with the full resolution because when I switch back to osx it is the same huge window..It used to shrink back down..Any fix for that? Also my mouse used to move on and off the windows without escaping and that has stopped working.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

First, please, try to decrease guest resolution by right-clicking the desktop, then "Properties", then "Advanced" tab. For this, install Parallels Tools inside guest menu "VM->Install Parallels Tools" and then, if you wish, add some custom resolution to the VM in its configuration editor or choose some default value. Then change the resolution in guest as described above.

So, you are now able to see full guest window while not in fullscreen.

The second, go to menu "Parallels Desktop"->"Preferences"->"User Interface" tab. Then check "Allow to change guest screen resolution" and uncheck "Allow to change Mac OS X screen resolution" and click "Ok". Now your guest system will run at native Mac OS X resolution while in fullscreen and at your custom resolution, while in windowed mode.

Note: you must install Parallels Tools for this to work.

3. rollerbones

rollerbones Bit poster

Ok, I have tried this and same problem. When I switch back from full screen it is still full screen in mac os. Any other ideas?

Thanks