Windows 11 2022 Update (22H2)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by MichaelH63, Sep 22, 2022.

1. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

2. TsetsoZ

TsetsoZ Bit Poster

3. TsetsoZ

TsetsoZ Bit Poster

I forgot to mention that I already have it(for almost a month), but I am with Microsoft Insider account.
    Sadly I can't edit my previous post, thus leaving new one with screenshot attached.
    Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 21.56.27.png

4. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Kilo Poster

Funny enough, I got the 22H2 for my main PC w/ Win10, but when I toggle to the alternate Win11 boot on the same system, it doesn't show up. The latter is also true for All of my VMs and Bootcamps. I'm keeping an eye on their download page too, but it's still on 21H2 for Win10 and v1 for Win11.

5. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

While that is true, the blog post said that users who want to update can do so now via Windows Update. For users who don't search for the update, it will indeed be released in stages.
    This is possible. The blog post includes this passage: „If we detect that your device may have an issue, such as an application incompatibility, we may put a safeguard hold in place and not offer the update until that issue is resolved."
    However, like you said, the update has been available to Insiders for a while and there don't seem to be any incompatibilities.

6. RolfP2

RolfP2 Bit Poster

7. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Kilo Poster

Heh, just as I wrote the last reply, I decided to check and 22H2 for Win11 is available on the download page, so you can get the ISO directly. I used it to update a couple VMs.

8. SWANDY

SWANDY Kilo Poster

I just did an update and still on 21H2. Have not tried your manual way of doing the update. My last update was on 9/22/22
    2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for arm64-based Systems (KB5017383)

9. DavidV19

DavidV19 Bit Poster

Tried to update via vlsc official iso, no luck too... "your pc hardware is not ready"
    upload_2022-9-25_10-36-8.png

10. LarsK12

LarsK12 Bit Poster

I've got the same problem here. Running 21H2 just fine on Parallels18 (M1 MBP). But no update's showing up.

11. TadahisaS

TadahisaS Bit Poster

My system is still on Windows 11 21H2. I checked my system with Microsoft PC Health Check App and the result was "This PC does not currently meet Windows 11 system requirements." "Apple Silicon is not supported in Windows 11." (My Windows is Japanese environment)

Attached Files:

12. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

Do you have a link? I can't find a download for ARM.

13. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Kilo Poster

Sorry, too many threads. Didn't realize I was in the M series subforum. ISOs are for x64 only, but there may be something on the insiders website. I stopped tracking that after giving up on it for M series. :/

14. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

Yes, going back to the Insider Program seems to be the only way to update to 22H2 for now. For some reason the Release Preview Channel (which has build 22621.607) at first doesn't offer an update either. I guess whatever MS does to block the update applies to the Release Preview Channel too. But the Beta Channel let me download build 22621.601. After installing that build I was able to switch to the Release Preview Channel and download build 22621.607. After that I left the Insider Program again and should be back on the Retail Channel with the next update. Microsoft sure likes to make things unnecessarily difficult.

TadahisaS and LarsK12 like this.
  15. LarsK12

LarsK12 Bit Poster

Awesome! Works for me as well. Thanks for the workaround! :)

16. SWANDY

SWANDY Kilo Poster

Does anyone know of an important reason to try to get the 21H2 to 22H2 update? I am still on the earlier version and don't really want to start messing around with the Insider Program again. Thanks.

17. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

One big improvement I noticed is that videos purchased on XBox can now be played on the Movies & TV app. That wasn't working for me previously. As for the Insider Program, I would have preferred to avoid it, but at least it's not necessary to use the Dev Channel and it's much easier to get back to the Retail Channel from the Beta Channel.

18. PeterG30

PeterG30 Bit Poster

First, open Windows Settings.
    Now, in Windows Settings, head to Windows Update.
    Select Check For Updates.

Regards,
    Peter

19. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

Well, yes, obviously. But as of yesterday the 22H2 update didn't show up then unless you use the Insider Program. Did that change now?

20. SWANDY

SWANDY Kilo Poster

Haven't checked today yet, be interesting if it comes up through the normal "windows update". Will check it out later.