Windows 11 on Arm

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by kundanno, Jun 23, 2021.

1. OrέstisA

OrέstisA Bit poster

hello guys,
    i bought the parallels pro version for my macbook pro m1. i don't put the licence key yet. i want to be sure that i can do my job.
    i have a "problem". i see that the windows create a local user. i try to add an other user with my windows business account and i receive a message which says that the user doesn't exist. is there a solution to log in with my windows business account or must I have a local user?

2. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

I don't have a business account but I have always been logged in with my Microsoft Personal account. In fact that is how my Windows 11 is activated. I do not have a local user.

3. OrέstisA

OrέstisA Bit poster

I was able to log in with my personal account. but with my business, no..

4. LeRoi

LeRoi Member

When you first install Windows, it asks if you are going to use the operating system for personal use or connect to a work/school account. Are you using this machine in an actual business location or are you connecting remotely? If you're connecting remotely, the company has to provide you a method to connect to their network. The business account is provided by the business that you utilize. If you are directly within the business, you have to connect to their provided network. All information required to use that business account would be provided by the business (username, account information, domain name, etc.). You have to make sure that you can connect to a network with Windows and that can be done via the Parallels Configure section while in the VM .