Windows 7 Library Problems (fixed)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by java, Feb 22, 2010.

1. java

java Member

again, Parallels Forums or Knowledge Database offered no solutions .... I use Windows Office programs a lot (Excel, Word, PP, Outlook) and keep my working files on the Mac HD. The problem is that Windows 7 will not index these network drives and you are unable to include them in a library unless you map My Documents to MAC documents in shared profile.

I know I could share the Documents folder on the MAC and map Windows My Documents to it but I didn't want to do this because game programs put their folders and files in My Documents and this clutters up my document working area (anal retentive me! LOL) but I wanted to add a library to my Windows 7 for my work area on the Mac HD, but I couldn't because Windows 7 can not index network drives through Parallels.

So I unchecked Documents in thee config editor under shared profiles which frees up My Documents in Windows to be on the C:\ drive for the Users and the Documents folder in MAC.

I downloaded a free program from http://zornsoftware.talsit.info/?p=3 that allows you to edit and create new library's in Windows 7

So I was able to add the new library to the Mac HD's and my working area that show as network drives in Parallels.