Windows 7 Parallels Tools won't install

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by dontdo_that, Feb 17, 2009.

1. dontdo_that

dontdo_that Junior Member

I'm running Windows 7 build 7000, Parallels 4.0. for a Boot Camp partition.

I can't get Parallels tools to install! It comes to the screen where Windows 7 throws up an unrecognized/unsigned driver warning, and regardless of what I chose, it rolls back the installation and cancels the installation! I have tried this about 15 times now. The warning is "Windows can't verify the publisher of this software. Two options are presented: 1) Don't install this driver, or 2) Install this driver software anyway. When I chose install this driver software anyway, it says Rolling back action.

It then throws the following error message:
    "An error occured while installing PArallels Tools. Click OK to restart your virtual machine, and then try to install Parallels Tools again."

I have also tried running it as an administrator and running it with compatability mode for Windows XP SP2, but that just gives me even more strange error messages. No matter what I do it just brings me back to the same point!!

Please, any help is greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to undo the virtual machine and re-do it or something? maybe something was initialized wrong causing parallels tools to not install?

2. dontdo_that

dontdo_that Junior Member

anyone? i've tried deleting the VM and re-creating it to no avail.

3. galochka

galochka Hunter

Hello dontdo_that,

Windows 7 is supported experimentaly, so there is no Parallels Tools for thei OS. Developers are working on this issue.