Windows 7 task bar problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by dylanharris, May 6, 2009.

1. dylanharris

dylanharris Member

I installed Windows 7 RC and everything seemed to go smoothly until Parallels destroyed the task bar following the reboot after installing Parallels tools. I unset the various default settings to tell Parallels not to remove this necessary display component, to no avail; the taskbar remains destroyed no matter how often I attempted to correct this error.

Given the newness of Windows 7 RC, I wouldn't be too worried by this, were it not the case that I've had the same problem with XP. In that case I was forced to restore a backup, and never using Coherence.

I find the task bar absolutely necessary in using Windows. It immediately provides essential information about the state of Windows (e.g. which programs are running). I find QuickLaunch provides me the quickest and most effective way to launch programs: no hanging around waiting for Windows to display menus at roughly the same speed as 8-bit computer menu systems did in their day.

I look forward to this bug being fixed.

In the meantime, given my XP experience, I've deleted my Windows 7 virtual machine and will try installing it again without permitting Coherence to fire up.