Windows 8 Update - Critical and Urgent Windows 8 Service Advisory

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Chris@Parallels, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Martin Grøn

Martin Grøn Bit poster

problems with copy/paste

I have problems with copy and paste between mac and parallels 8m, windows 8.

I have not been able to find a solution - is this a recognized error by parallels?

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

can you please send the problem report from the Help menu and post the ID here?

3. Martin Grøn

Martin Grøn Bit poster

Well i would - but apparently the copy ID funktion after sending the ticket is not working either ;(

I will see if I can find it when logged into parallels, BRB...

4. Martin Grøn

Martin Grøn Bit poster

Hmm - apparently I have no open support tickets - even though I have submitted at least 2 - that is always such a great comfort :(

What to do then?

5. juzci

juzci Guest

Could you please send me your email address or name or something else I can use as a search query? My email is hanna@parallels.com

6. Kvelduf

Kvelduf Bit poster

No network device detected

Hello there. I managed to install the Win8Pro Upgrade over WinXp in the Virtual Machine. At first Win8 didn't detect the Soundcard AND the Network Device (Ethernet and Wifi).
    So I re-installed Parallels Tools several times as recommended in this forum. It worked on the soundcard, but no matter how often I re-install Parallels Tools, the Network Device (Ethernet and Wifi) are still not detected.

I am using a Macbook Pro 17, OS: Mountain Lion.

Has someone a solution to this problem ?

Thx.

7. juzci

juzci Guest

Hi Kvelduf,
    thank you for feedback, we do appreciate it!
    To investigate the issue we need some technical information, so could you please reproduce it, send us Problem Report as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and give me an ID?

Thanks in advance,
    Hanna

8. hawcker

hawcker Bit poster

when I try to install windows 8 it asks for the activation code. I insert it but the system gives me an error message saying that it not possible to verify the activation code. Hoa can I do? sorry for my english....:)

9. juzci

juzci Guest

hawcker,
    thank you for feedback, we do appreciate it!
    To investigate the issue we need some technical information, so could you please reproduce it, send us Problem Report as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and give me an ID?

Thanks in advance,
    Hanna

10. hawcker

hawcker Bit poster

the ID code is 20111963. Thanks.

11. Kvelduf

Kvelduf Bit poster

Problem Solved

I saw that I had an option to choose between the adapters. So I chose "wifi" And guess what: Problem solved.
    Anyway: Thx for the help.

12. juzci

juzci Guest

Found your report, thank you, we will have a look. Could you also tell have you ever check this key on a real installation somewhere? For us to be sure it's not a key problem?

13. hawcker

hawcker Bit poster

this is the code I received from Microsft when I bought the upgrade to win 8. I have used it on a PC.

14. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

You have already used it!
    A Virtual Machine is considered the same as one physical machine in license terms.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  15. hawcker

hawcker Bit poster

oooops! Thank you I'll download another file....

16. tivoboy

tivoboy Junior Member

upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 8

I'm hoping to upgrade my VM from XP to windows 8. I don't really have too many applications on the XP VM at the moment. Is there a way to "upgrade" since that is the license I plan to buy from MSFT online, but rather do a FRESH CLEAN install? I only have a couple applications, visio, project and quicken on the XP VM and can easily just re-install those. Why keep the XP crud in there anywhere?

17. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

As per Microsoft terms, upgrading Windows XP to 8 will only transfer your personal data. Your applications will be wiped out. From OS point of view, it's more like a fresh install. Please see this article for more information about the upgrade: http://kb.parallels.com/114985

18. MikeBaud

MikeBaud Bit poster

I'm trying the upgrade from WinXP to Windows 8, and I'm getting an error saying "This device isn't compatible in Windows 8 - Standard PC" right after accepting the licence agreement. I've submitted problem report 21615051. I checked for updates and appear to have the latest Parallels 8 install.

19. byronwells

byronwells Bit poster

I "upgraded" from the free Win 8 edition to the Wind 8 Pro yesterday and all is working EXCEPT coherence mode is "greyed" out and no files from my Mac will paper in Windows 8 desktop... how do I fix that ?

20. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

(Re)Install Parallels Tools.