Windows 98 PCI Universal Serial Bus Driver Help needed

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mschultze, Aug 4, 2007.

1. mschultze

mschultze Bit poster

I installed Windows 98. There are two drivers missing: PCI bridge and PCI Universal Serial Bus. Reading other posts the PCI Bridge driver doesn't seem to be necessary, but I need the USB driver for my USB-Drive to be recognised. Does anybody know where I can find this driver? I searched the Win98SE CD without success - Any help would be really appreciated!

Martin

2. reabwolley

reabwolley Bit poster

Any progress?

Martin,

Did you ever figure this out? I am bumping up against the same problem with no luck so far.

ralph

3. jbh001

jbh001 Member

There's one potential work-around I haven't gotten around to testing yet.

Underneath, Windows 98 still runs on top of MS-DOS: MS-DOS 7.1 in the case of Windows 95, 98, and 98SE. As such, it still uses config.sys and autoexec.bat files. It may be worth experimenting with different USB drivers for DOS such as is described here.

The problem is that one would think that the Parallels Team would have already done this and incorporated the best results into Parallels Tools. But it's probably not that simple (as evidenced by the fact that there are five different potential DOS USB drivers instead of just one). If anyone is willing to tinker around with this, please post your results (or lack thereof) for the benefit of the rest of us.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007