windows app stuck

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by adp42, Apr 9, 2008.

1. adp42

adp42 Bit poster

I am new both to Parellels and to Mac, I've been using both for about 2 months now. I haven't had any problems I wasn't able to resolve on my own. I have some computer knowledge, but it's all just learned from experience, I don't know the mac lingo too well, so please explain things in simple terms.

Anyway, all has been going well until today when I attempted to backup my Outlook (Office 2003) onto a flashdrive. Outlook stalled in the middle of the backup. I was able to exit it at that point, but when I tried to finish the backup I got stuck in the import/export wizard. I cannot do anything in XP at this point. I can quit parallels, but that does not stop Windows. On a PC I would just do a couple ctrl + alt + deletes, but I'm not sure if there is an equivalent (or what it is) on my MacBook. I work in an office where I am the only one who uses a Mac, can anyone help me?

2. adp42

adp42 Bit poster

Avoiding this problem in the future

I had tried rebooting the entire Mac earlier and it did not work. However I quit Parallels and went to lunch and when I returned all was well. Does anyone have any pointers on avoiding this in the future?