Windows Blue Screen after Novell 6.5 Client Installed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jacklawrence6681, Jul 21, 2007.

1. jacklawrence6681

jacklawrence6681 Bit poster

Currently using Parallels V3.0 Build 4560 with Tools of same Build on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.4.10. Under Parallels I am running Windows XP SP2 and all updates loaded.

Everything was running perfectly under Parallels and in Windows XP there were no issues with any hardware etc. -- all drivers loaded and no errors. Now I needed to add domain information, Wins, DNS, etc to Windows config to join into the office domain. Everything worked running, connected.

Now everything fell apart -- nothing worse when you have problems with your Mac/Parallels PC.

Next step was to add the Novell Netware Client 4.90.2. Added, rebooted and just was I about to login, I got a blue screen erroring out on PRLETH.SYS

It seems that just after booting, when connected to the network (wired ethernet), I get the blue screen and the process automatically reboots again and again. If I disconnect the MacBook Pro from the network, I do not get the blue screen and everything functions fine.

I need to have Windows running under Novell to function in my environment.

I have had Novell Netware Client 4.90.2 working with a previous Parallels configuration running Version 3.0 Build 3122 but the tools were still at Version 2.5. They did not get upgraded because of problems I had in upgrading of the Tools from 2.5 when I upgraded to V3 of Parallels.

Can V3.0.4560 run with Novell Netware Client installed?
    Solutions, ideas...???

---------------------------------- Correction -----------------------------

I originally stated Novell Client 6.5 - I checked and I am actually on Novell Client 4.90.2.20040617 and Parallels Build 4560 -- I've loaded so many builds I am off
    track here

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  2. rpetges

rpetges Member

Hi,

I'm running the Client32 4.91 SP3 in my WinXP SP2 VM without problems, even through a VPN connection.

The PRLETH.SYS driver is the Parallels driver for your netwaork card, so I suggest you try to resolve your problems with installing Parallels tools und upgrade them to the latest build.

P.S. I upgraded my installation to Parallels Build 4560 (also upgraded Tools) and everything continues to run smoothly.

Romain