Windows Blue Screen on Startup

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by smisra1968, Jun 18, 2007.

1. smisra1968

smisra1968

Can someone please help me? Every time I start my Bootcamp partition in Parallels (Build 4128) it gives me a blue screen. I tried starting in Safe Mode and it blue screens as it's trying to load agp440.sys.

In the previous build of Parallels it would bluescreen on mup.sys. I've tried everything I can think of short of re-installing XP. I really don't want to reinstall as it would take at least 2 days to reload all the windows apps. It does boot fine via Bootcamp.

Thanks,
    Sachin

2. cdf1392

cdf1392

same problem here

I've been having the same problem on one of the new model 15" MacBook Pros using Bootcamp 3.0.

Actually the first time I started up the VM it booted just fine, but then it crashed while installing the Parallels tools. After that happened I had to repair my boot camp installation of Win XP. Now I can boot into Windows through bootcamp just fine, but whenever I start up Parallels I just get a blue screen from windows whenever it tries to load. The same thing happens to Parallels whether I try booting into safe mode or not. It has to be something happening in Parallels because I don't have any trouble booting into the bootcamp partition all by itself.

I'm running a new model 2.4GHRZ Macbook Pro with OSX 10.4.10 and bootcamp 3.0. I'm trying to start up Windows XP with all the unavailable system updates already loaded.

3. technonut2000

technonut2000

AP440.sys problem in Parallels 4.0

I am having the same problem in P4.0. It bombs out on the AGP440.sys. Did you ever get resolution to the problem in the previous versions of Parallels?

I am running a MacBookPro 17" 2.33 Core 2 Duo with XP Pro. Please let me know, thanks!

4. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team