Windows BOOTCAMP with Monterey on Intel Mac?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TimW10, Aug 12, 2021.

1. TimW10

TimW10 Bit poster

I try to import BOOTCAMP into Parallels Desktop. Usually quite simple: Install Bootcamp, get Windows Installation Done, install PD on the Mac, launch PD, import BOOTCAMP. Done.
    Now, I have reinstalled my Mac. It runs MacOS Big Sur (MacOS 11.5.1) in one partition, Monterey Beta 5 (MacOS 12) in another partition. Just to make sure things would workout fine, I created a new BOOTCAMP partition using MacOS 12. Worked just fine, Windows can be booted, Windows Drive is mounted in MacOS after Boot, all good. Just one problem: Neither PD 16.5 nor PD 17 - Parallels claims it's MacOS 12 ready - would recognize the BOOTCAMP partition. Neither the way described above nor the manual way by trying to create the VM manually and add the partition as a Hard Disk. Not recognized there either.

Now, when I boot the Big Sur partition, and launch PD 16.5 or 17 there, start screen immediately offers me to import the BOOTCAMP partition.

While PD 17 and even 16.5 generally do not seem to have issues running under MacOS 12, is there any known issues with MacOS 12 and BOOTCAMP? Support has now told me they will come back soon but I have tried a dozen things now and really have no explanation.