Windows NT 4

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Chak, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Chak

Chak Junior Member

Windows NT is not working well
    Video is slow an the mouse is captured by the guest OS.

Windows XP is working fine.

2. chinman

chinman Bit poster

I am attempting to run Build 3188 on NT4 and I can't get the video driver to load. It looks like it is just reverting back to the default VGA driver. I think Parallels Tools on this build for NT is nicht gut. If you look in the Parallels Tools Center, the option for Video Driver cannot be enabled. Too bad, because NT4 worked great on Build 1970.

3. xpress_mail

xpress_mail Bit poster

Windows NT driver failure is most likely a device conflict...

If your Windows NT 4 video does not load and reverts back to the standard VGA driver, then it is most likely a device conflict in Windows NT 4 (remember Windows NT 4 is not the most plug and play OS on this planet). Check the Event Log to see if any video failures occurred for the PrlVideo device. For instance I got the following Event Log error because of a conflict with an existing device:

A conflict has been detected between two drivers which claimed two overlapping Io port regions. Driver alcxnt, with device <\Device\ALCWaveOut0.Translated>, claimed an IO port range with starting address in data address 0x28 and 0x2c, and length in data address 0x30.

I disabled that device under the "Devices" applet under the Control Panel, rebooted and that solved the problem of the video not loading. The mouse still gets trapped by the guest OS, but the resolution works properly.