windows printing

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by vpsteve, Nov 8, 2006.

1. vpsteve

vpsteve Bit poster

First, I'm new here...bare with me. I'm also BRAND NEW to Mac. I have OSX on my new MacBookPro. I loaded Paralles so I could run Windows and Photoshop CS2. I have edited several images in Photoshop (windows), now I want to print. Can I print from the OSX side? Or, do I need to print from the windows side? Thanks for your help.
    VPsteve

2. CJConline

CJConline Junior Member

Steve,

See this thread and my post at the end.

http://forum.parallels.com/thread4183.html

The answer is not going to be what you want to hear. Bootcamp may be your only alternative for now if you do colour work, etc. or require proper USB support.

Chris

3. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

Need a little more info!
    What application will you use to print these photos processed via CS2?

ajm

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

You might want to move your images to OSX (as jpegs probably) and print from your favorite OSX app such as Preview, or get a copy of Aperture (current best of breed IMHO) and print from that.

CS2 will run faster in Parallels / Windows than in OSX since it isn't universal and runs under Rosetta in OSX, but when CS3 comes out, you may want to get the Mac version.

You can print from the VM, but only to a network printer (which can be attached to the host), so if network printing will work for you, you can print fro Photoshop.

5. HappyMacSwitch

HappyMacSwitch Junior Member

Bonjour !!!

I use bonjour to print and works fine.

6. DaveB

DaveB Member