Windows Server 2003 in Parallels & Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by MacVault, Jan 18, 2007.

1. MacVault

MacVault Bit poster

Hey There! This is my first post! I've been eagerly awaiting being able to use Parallels and today is the day because my MacBook is on it's way - in the FedEx truck :) However, I have only Windows Server 2003. Are there any issues with that running under Boot Camp and Parallels? Are there instructions in the Parallels download that will guide me through making the same installation work in both Boot Camp and Parallels? Which build of Parallels would be the best for me to use? Is my main OS X installation at more risk by partitioning for Parallels, etc??? Any tips, tricks, or caution about what to do or not to do would be great! Thanks, MacVault!

2. esquilo22

esquilo22 Junior Member

I've already tried installing W2k3 in my boot camp partition and it works nicely with the drivers provide by Apple. But you'll not get bluetooth support as W2k3 doesn't support it.

But there are some work arounds for bluetooth. You can download a WXP SP1 bluetooth hotfix, change some files and install it over W2k3. Google for "Macbook Windows 2003 Bluetooth".

Regarding Apple drivers you have to extract those because the *.EXE will not run on W2k3.

3. MacVault

MacVault Bit poster

How did you get the Boot Camp drivers to install. I just installed Windows Server 2003 under Boot Camp, restarted, loged into Windows, tried to run the Boot Camp driver CD and it says I have to be running Windows XP? What is the work around to get the drivers to install under Windows Server 2003 Enterprise? Thanks.