Windows Update Install error - 0xc1900101

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Michael Pitt, Dec 4, 2023.

1. MartinW27

MartinW27 Bit poster

It seems to have been resolved with tha latest 26040.1000 canary build

2. BarryM4

BarryM4 Bit poster

New Canary build out now (26040). Just installing now; will let you know if it works.

3. BarryM4

BarryM4 Bit poster

Success. Build 25992 was upgraded to the newest 26040 Canary build.

4. A__29

A__29 Bit poster

Excellent :) Can confirm working here too!

5. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

Finally.

6. DonC11

DonC11 Bit poster

Windows updates now are working. I just updated to version 260040 with no problems.

7. KenH7

KenH7 Bit poster

Seems to have broken Intel version now.

8. MartinW27

MartinW27 Bit poster

Now the update to 26052 seems to fail.....

9. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

Since it was first announced on the Insider forum. I downloaded it 5 minutes after it was announced. Installation failed. Went to uupdump.net, downloaded ISO file. Installation failed. If this keeps happening, I may have to go back to CPM.

10. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

Okay, here's one solution. Go to uupdump.net. Create the downloadable 26052 ARM64 ISO. Find something to do for 30 minutes or so while the ISO is being created. Once created, in Parallels, select File/New. When it asks, Select install from ISO (? something to that effect), select Manually select the installation file and drag the ISO that was created. Once it starts, there is a rather long pause at 42% and then another at 55% and then about a 45 second or so pause at the Windows loading screen (the black one with the whirling circle). With enough patience, you will end up with a 26052 windows install. Now you can install all those necessary programs one more time but at least you're on the latest version (until tomorrow or, if we're lucky, next Tuesday).

11. Nischay Gaya

Nischay Gaya Staff Member

Hello,
    Please note that we have created a support case with number: 46****8 to further assist you.
    You will shortly receive an email with further instructions.
    Thank you.

12. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

Why don't you publish those "further instructions" here so that everyone who is unable to update in-place 26042 Canary versions can try the instructions. That may lead to a solution to the problem much quicker.

13. MartinW27

MartinW27 Bit poster

I answered the email,
    I'm not comfortable having you remote connect to my machine.
    If you can give me any pointers to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.
    Otherwise I'm sure either parallels or Microsoft will fix this in a future update.

14. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

Well it appears that 26052 also doesn't install either. Unfortunately uupdump.net doesn't have the file so I can create a ISO so I guess I'm going to have to wait to see if I can build a new machine. The Insider update for the Dev iteration updates with no problem.

15. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

26058 does not install in Canary Insider builds.

16. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

Downloaded the 26058 VHDX from the Insider site. Started a new Parallels install. Used the VHDX for the instal et viola! I now have a 26058 Canary. Of course I now have to reinstall the default (for us) software and MS will probably publish an update to this one tonight. :)

17. Mohammed sayed

Mohammed sayed

Wow, your article is very good I will also share it with my friends because it is amazing.

18. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

إذا زرت الخبر يومًا ما، فسوف أقوم بزيارتها.

19. MartinW27

MartinW27 Bit poster

I tried that but it keeps resetting on install with the Windows11_InsiderPreview_Client_ARM64_en-us_26058.VHDX

20. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

That was my previous experience attempting to use the VHDX to create an updated version. Frankly, that was what I expected to happen this time. For some reason (and as we use a fixed configuration, there were no changes), it worked. I wish I could tell you exactly why but unfortunately, I have no clue. The only advice I can offer is to persevere and one day, for no apparent reason, it'll work. I hope this offers a bit of encouragement if nothing else.
    I am running the latest update to Parallels Desktop on a Mac Studio M2 with 64Gb of memory and a 1Tb SDD with the latest MacOS beta update.