Windows Vista Beta as Guest won't install

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by 1kyle, Jun 9, 2006.

1. 1kyle

1kyle Member

Not sure if this a Parallels problem but I'm trying to install a (32 bit) version of the Windows Vista Beta as a guest OS.

The install goes about half way then just stops.

I've got a feeling it's probably something to do with the Video Driver not having enough memory -- Microsoft recommends for some of the new functionality to have 128MB for Video RAM with 64MB as a minimum.

I know Vista wasn't really designed to be run on a laptop but I thought I'd try it anyway just to see.

(It also won't install as a guest under VMWARE either so I think it's definitely a Windows problem or there's something in it that won't let it run as a Guest or my Hardware isn't man enough for the job).

Probably M$'s way of getting people to buy more computers.

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  2. loughkb@yahoo.com

loughkb@yahoo.com Member

You got further than I did. I got a message right away about the BIOS not being ACPI compatible. My guess is that the parallels dev guys will have to tweak something internally and there will be a vista option listed under windows types.

Has anyone else gotten further?

BTW 1kyle, M$ would love for it to work for us! They can sell more windows that way, they don't sell hardware dude!