Windows XP and Outlook 2007 Calendar sending

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CedricV, Dec 18, 2009.

1. CedricV

CedricV Bit poster

Hello,

I'm having a strange issue with WinXP running in Parallels on my Mac. I've double checked the settings and my email account has been set up exactly the same way on my PC for Outlook 2007, but when I add a calendar item and add invitees the invite gets stuck in the Outbox and never sends. The exact same task works with the exact same settings on my PC. Even more confusing is that email and any other items send absolutely fine, but it doesn't seem to want to send invites.

I've disabled all the firewall/AV components to make sure nothing was blocking it. I've also updated all of the components (Office and XP patches). Is this a known bug?

I also have the error below that I receive every time I try to force send it from the inbox. Googling this specific error brings up only generic Outlook fixes such as trying a different email account, reloading the profile, etc which I've already tried. Error below with all the redundant parts pulled out:

Task pop.telus.net sending reported error 0x800ccc13 cannot connect to the network verify your network connection or modem

2. sven.a.schaefer

sven.a.schaefer Bit poster

Have exactly the same problem

Can't remember when it exactly appeared first... I updated to Paralles 5 - after that it still worked. But after the latest Paralles Patch I had big problems with several strange stuff. No idea, whats the reason.

3. CR1

CR1 Junior Member

I had the same problem. It was resolved by going to Parallels OPTIONS > SERVICES. Then uncheck the box labeled "Time Synchronize with mac"

4. TeJayR

TeJayR Bit poster

I'm having the same trouble. I unchecked the time sync, but am still having the issue with the invites sticking in my outbox. I've submitted a request to support.

5. I-che

I-che Pro

6. high roller

high roller Bit poster

Having the same problem as the previous posters. I Checked and I have the latest Parallels update... also I noticed that my calendar won't sync onto my phone anymore.

I'm using Activesync to snyc Outllook calendars to Windows Mobile and it has worked great until I upgraded to Parallels 5.0

7. I-che

I-che Pro

8. high roller

high roller Bit poster

I tried that already and it didn't work. I am running Win XP in my VM.

9. I-che

I-che Pro

high roller,
    please check mailbox.

10. high roller

high roller Bit poster

Support-

I was out of town and could not respond. As a result they closed my ticket #850426

How do I reopen it?

-Thnx

11. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi high roller,
    created new ticket #857080, please reply in ticket.

12. IsmaelY

IsmaelY Bit poster

Same problem

I am also having the same issue with outlook 2007. When I attempt to reply or send a calendar invite, it gets stuck in my outbox. I get error 0X800CCC13. All other email goes in/out without failing. I had a trial version of Parallels and my outlook worked great. I did not notice this issue until I purchased Parallels and used the registered version for about 2 weeks. I really need to get this resolved. Thanks for your assistance.

13. GregoireM

GregoireM Bit poster

Same issue

I am running Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 and having the exact same issue.
    The error message says "impossible to connect to network". Every other email gets out without any problem...
    I tried the other KB articles about setting the time zone in Windows 7, to no avail.

14. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi,
    the calendar issue should be fixed in next update of Parallels Desktop 5.

15. GregoireM

GregoireM Bit poster

When is it due?

16. IsmaelY

IsmaelY Bit poster

workaround

Hi, I was able to get my problem fixed temporarily. If you open up your Date/Time settings, make sure that the "daylight savings time box is UNCHECKED. If it is checked, then uncheck it. Restart outlook and it should work, it did for me.

17. I-che

I-che Pro

cannot provide you with ETA.

18. MaxBuck

MaxBuck Member

Very annoying. Problems with clock and time malfunctions have wasted much of my time, and having this limitation (which requires me to reboot in Boot Camp so I can invite attendees to a meeting) is unacceptable.

19. David Rootman

David Rootman Junior Member

Paralles please send a patch soon.

If you go into the calendar settings for outlook and uncheck "send as an icalender" you can then send invites. People using outlook can receive the invites but not people using icalendar. The other issue is if someone sends me an invite this and i respond, the response gets stuck in my outbox. For everyday business use this small issue makes parallels a useless transition program for people moving from pc to mac. I tried unchecking the daylight savings tab and it still didn't work. I've also sent in a problem ticket to paralles with no response a couple of months ago. Because I've already loaded all my pc software onto parallels it handcuffs me to use parallels. Very frustrating for something that is sold software that is suppose to work seamlessly. Sorry i'm so pissed but it realy does interfer with my day to day business.

20. I-che

I-che Pro