Windows XP Pro Will Not Update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by John_P, Jul 3, 2007.

1. John_P

John_P Bit poster

Can't manually update through MS - using v3.0 b4128 and the supplied Kaspersky firewall.

Get the following error message:

"[Error number: 0x80245003]
    The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
    For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
    For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x80245003) yourself."

Any suggestions?

John

2. John_P

John_P Bit poster

Okay, I've had to go to the "use administrator options" and go to the "window update catalogue" and then go to the left pane and select "windows update" and I get one critical update. But it is only one! Also, there is no history of downloads available for me to search.

And Parallels still doesn't work with the windows update web site linked through the XP Pro control panel.

John

3. John_P

John_P Bit poster

Follow Up:

I was only able to get 1 critical update as mentioned above - however, about 3 hours after installation, Windows Automatic Update did retrieve (on its own) no less than 80 critical updates. Good news. However, I had to re-validate my XP no less than 3 times during these updates. So, something is definitely screwy. Fortunately, my XP tolerated the process - this time.

Why so buggy on a full release, guys?

Plus, (if you're still reading!) my Quick Launch toolbar keeps disappearing on start up and my XP can't remember the screen resolution I set it at. A tad annoying.

4. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

Same Problem

John

I'm having the same problem. I have automatic updates set to automatic and it has downloaded 85 of them but they won't install. It goes through all the motions but at the end it says Nothing was installed.

I'm not sure I get how you got this fixed. I follow you up to going to the windows update site, then click on "use administrator options" but after that you lost me. Options on the page are 1) Update Multiple operating Systems 2) Manage the update process for networks and 3) Get more updates

Can you expound on what you did and how you got it to work.