Windows XP SP2 Crashes after login

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by SkipNewarkDE, Oct 20, 2006.

1. SkipNewarkDE

SkipNewarkDE Junior Member

I have had this happen before, and it always seems to require a reinstall of Windows XP to fix. Anyone else see this issue, and if so, how do you deal with it?

I have a virtual machine loaded up with Windows XP SP2. I am sharing it between two login using a common shared folder which both Mac OS X logins have access. I was running the thing under one login. I closed down the virtual machine via a Shutdown from within Windows. I then started the virtual machine up from the other Mac OS X user account. It came up apparently fine... I logged in. The windows desktop appears, and then after a few moments, I get the blue screen of death, and an indication that the memory is dumping to disk and that there is a problem with Windows.

This has happened to me several times in the past, and it always seems related to switching to a different Mac login and starting up a shared virtual machine.

2. SkipNewarkDE

SkipNewarkDE Junior Member

Complains of a video driver problem

Interesting. Upon restoring my XP virtual machine from an XP install disk, Windows reported that the problem was due to a bad video driver. Is there something wrong with the Parallels Tools video driver?