WORKED:Build 5624 working with Ubuntu Hardy + Tools

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by leocapri, Oct 26, 2008.

1. leocapri

leocapri Bit poster

Ok, so apparently parallels build 5624 is working with Ubuntu Hardy and I have installed parallel tools, mouse works between guest and mac os x and resizing works, however no copy paste works or dragging of files, did I do something wrong?

Everywhere I look people say that the tools will not install on parallels so im not sure how it worked. Keep in mind I just started using linux to learn and not sure if I overlooked something (I do get some error message when it loads up but it does not stop it from loading or working, (something like something wasn't able to load)

Anyway I am still trying to learn linux so Im having issues on how to install programs that I download from online, so just wanted to update you guys that its working fine since everybody seemed like they have issues with 8.04 and parallels tools.

ALSO, do we need to install graphics drivers (I have the MBP with the ATI Radeon X1600 card.

Thanks!

2. Frederic Bronner

Frederic Bronner Member

Hi the 5624 tools were updated to work on the Hardy platform.

You do not need to install the ATI drivers under the VM Linux machine since it is a virtual mahine with virtual hardware, and you have already provided the driver by installing the parallel tools.