working download link?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by grouchonyy, Nov 13, 2008.

1. grouchonyy

grouchonyy Bit poster

I purchased Parallels 4 as an upgrade.
    here doesn't seem to be a working link to download the package. Phone support mentions a server overload. When will that link work? Is there an alternative link?

JJ

2. Parallelogram

Parallelogram Member

The build Parallels released needs to be recalled - maybe they finally did the right thing.

If it is just a server overload, you probably just need to keep trying.

3. JeffRichardson

JeffRichardson Bit poster

Same problem here. I paid for the upgrade a few days ago, but the download link has never worked for me. Somewhere around 350 to 420 MB into the very slow download of about 100kbps it just stops and gives me an error message. I have a fast Internet connection (20 Mbps) so the problem isn't on my side. Same problem occurs in both Safari and Firefox. I have tried it about a dozen times and at different times of day. I have written to Parallels Tech Support but have received no response other than to get a ticket assigned.

Now after reading all of the problems posted here, I wonder if this is a blessing in disguise ... perhaps I should wait for the 4.1 product before I upgrade. But it does bother me that I paid for an upgrade but now can't get the software I paid for. Parallels -- please fix this!

-Jeff