Working fine: This is what I did

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rmeyer52, Feb 28, 2007.

1. rmeyer52

rmeyer52 Member

I use Parallels for primarily checking my websites in IE and have Office 2007 installed. This is what I did for my upgrade:

-Downlaoded new update
    -Installed the new update
    -Reinstalled Windows Vista: Have to be careful here because I have the full version of Windows Vista Ultimate and when I entered the serial number (per Vista's installation request) it said that the serial number was invalid for this installation so I just skipped
    -Once Vista was installed (about 20 minutes) Parallels automatically installed Parallels tools and rebooted

That was it. I am working great no worries. I have allocated 990 megs of RAM to Vista and it works great. I am able to use all plug and play, connect to the Web and print. One thing you should be aware of is that Vista already has several updates.

Once I was up and running I went to Spotlight and searched for "winvista" and deleted my old VM which was 16 Gigs with Office and Vista. I am running an imac, 2.33 Mhz with 3 GB of RAM

2. strells

strells Product Expert

Why did you reinstall Vista?

Steve

3. rmeyer52

rmeyer52 Member

Couple of reasons..first I could not find my old VM second I wanted to do a clean install again. Since I had no 'saved files" it was no big deal just the hassle of waiting to reinstall. I was a little amiss that Parallels did not automatically just upgrade with my old VM but it works great.