Xbox App Won't Download Games

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by Michael Pitt, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Michael Pitt

Michael Pitt Bit Poster

Hi

Has anyone had any joy getting the Xbox App in Windows 11 on Arm downloading any games? I get a generic 0x0000001 error whenever I try to install game and every workaround I've tried on the Internet (mostly resetting the store, removing Gaming Services etc) hasn't worked.

I tried building a Win 10 Arm VM last night and had exactly the same issue, so not sure if it's a Microsoft problem or a Parallels 17.1 issue.

Thanks,
    Mike.

2. SWANDY

SWANDY Kilo Poster

There have been a few threads discussing this issue. It is apparently an issue with Windows for ARM and not just running it with Parallels on macOS. There were links to several discussions on the Microsoft Support Forums also. Guess we will have to just be patient and wait for our beloved MS to solve the overall issue with the xbox app and Windows for ARM.

Michael Pitt likes this.
  3. GeoffreyC2

GeoffreyC2 Bit Poster

same here (hello again SWANDY)

4. GeoffreyC2

GeoffreyC2 Bit Poster

5. SWANDY

SWANDY Kilo Poster

Definitely not starting with another VM just to try Windows 10 ARM to see if it works. Let Microsoft figure out what is wrong with their xbox app. Fortunately I only paid $1.00 for two months trial of Gamepass - otherwise don't really care if I can't play just wanted to try out some of the available games to see if they would actually work on Windows 11ARM and Parallels.

6. Michael Pitt

Michael Pitt Bit Poster

I built a Win10 ARM VM the other night and had the same issue. The problem appears to be with the latest version of Gaming Services on ARM from what I can see which will be the same version on Win10 and Win11. It creates two services, one of which won't start - you get a "file not found" error. Win11 on Intel doesn't have the issue - I can start both services fine and install games using an old Surface.