Xbox One Controller will not pair (bluetooth)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by TimothyG7, Nov 16, 2021.

1. TimothyG7

TimothyG7 Bit Poster

I am trying to pair my Xbox One bluetooth controller with Windows 11 Parallels. When I turn pairing on my controller, I can see the controller in Windows 11 bluetooth. I try connecting, and it asks me for a pin. I entered 00 as mentioned in this article (https://kb.parallels.com/124771). Then I get the message "Unknown device" from Windows and it does not pair.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I tried contacting Parallels support and so far it has been futile. My ticket has not been responded to. I also tried chatting but the chat program has a very short idle timeout period so I've now gotten disconnected 3 times and having to restart each time. Very infuriating.

I purchased this software strictly for gaming. If I can't connect the controller, I will likely ask for a refund as it is otherwise pointless for me.

2. TimothyG7

TimothyG7 Bit Poster

Also should mention

- bluetooth sharing is on
    - accessibility and full disk access under security and privacy have a checkbox next to parallels desktop
    - controller works fine in MacOS

3. GabeZs

GabeZs Bit Poster

Hello TimothyG7,
    Unfortunately Bluetooth sharing with an Xbox one controller (or really any other Bluetooth controller) is not working properly. You will need to downgrade Parallels to version 17.0.0.1 and also use a USB cable.

See the following KB for downgrade:
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/128608

4. TimothyG7

TimothyG7 Bit Poster

Thanks for the info. Is there any plan for them to fix this?

5. GabeZs

GabeZs Bit Poster

I imagine they'll fix it at some point. But to be honest, Bluetooth support was never great to begin with. I think it would be a better experience once there's a compatible driver for the Xbox wireless adapter.

6. TimothyG7

TimothyG7 Bit Poster

Fair enough. With that said, I am requesting a refund under the 30 day money back guarantee. This was a critical requirement for me. I don't want to have to downgrade my version or use a cable. Thank you for the help, anyways.

7. ColinM12

ColinM12 Bit Poster

I got a callback about my issue with this, did a screen sharing session, tried pairing, didn't work. Then it worked for about 3 seconds, and then didn't.
    They said my case would be escalated. So we'll see what the next level says.