Xbox !?

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by QueensGambit, Sep 18, 2007.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Bit poster

Hi,

the XboX (not XboX 360) was more or less a PC in console form (x86 processor architecture, GeForce Video card, etc). Also it was possible to replace the firmware and therefore have a different "operating system" installed.

My question is if it will be possible in the future, when DirectX support is more functional, to install XboX freeware firmware ("operating system") in a virtual machine and therefore enjoy XboX games runing in a mac.

2. Steeeve

Steeeve Junior Member

err, probably not because microsoft's firmware/bios for the xbox is protected. it would be very illegal. why not just buy a real xbox? you can find them used for under $100.

3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Bit poster

I have an XboX ;-) and it is great, but I can't carry it with me when I go back home on vacations :(. You may be right about the firmware, hadn't thought about the legal issues!

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello,

Parallels Desktop does not support XboX. We do not virtualize game console OSes and it is not currently included in our road map.
    However it is possible we will do it in future according to the circumstances.

Best regards,
    Xenos

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  5. neofolklore

neofolklore Bit poster

like, no.

The original xbox firmware sucked anyway, it would be SOOOO redundant if you pursued this because for it to be cool you'd immediately have to hack it, as in replace the original xbox firmware with one of the many hacked ones. I recommend Xecuter's bios.

Have you ever done any xbox modding?

DMCA lol. Anyway, you can easily download the XBOX firmware, its like 256k, or maybe it was 4x256k, I dont remember. Its alot harder to pull it out of your own xbox, the xbox hacking scene calls it "TSOP-flashing". Which basically involves soldering contacts onto the flash chip on the xbox motherboard and reading the bios on your computer.

And again regarding Microsoft's bios, Xecuter's bios (and EvoX's) are so much better. I even think some of the last Xecuter Bios' had FTP built in.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  6. neofolklore

neofolklore Bit poster

a banhammer is coming, and it gives me a warm tingling feeling inside.