XPPro sp2 on Vista

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by mtellez, Apr 16, 2007.

1. mtellez

mtellez Bit poster

I just purchased a new lap top due to problems with my old Dell . I thought I could just buy new and go. But it came with Vista home premium. The laptop is a Toshiba 2 Duo processor T5200 1.6Ghz with 1 Gig of Ram. Not the greatest, but an upgrade from what I have been using. Problem is nothing runs on Vista, at least none the software I use. So I tried VW Ware but it doesn't support Vista as a host OS. So I found that parallels does. I have been trying to load XP Pro on this machine for a week and a half. I have read all the threads I thought were relevant and still cant get it to work. It has gotten farther today than ever but no luck. I now have the ram set a t 256 and I got to the 8 min mark. and freeze!!. What is a man to do? Do I need to load off of an image of the ISO on my hard drive? Is it my disc drive that fails. Once it loaded after about 7-8 hours and when it went to boot it froze. Is it Possible to have Vista hone premium as a host and XP Pro as a guest? I might mention that I'm trying this with the trial version. is this the problem? I hoped to try it and then pay if it works. I sure don't want to buy another piece of software that i won't use. Please help!!!!! I need to get some work done. And stop Playing with it. :confused: