Thread: Virtual Hub/ComboMouse Driver errors (v6.x)?

Default Virtual Hub/ComboMouse Driver errors (v6.x)?

Since upgrading to Parallels v6.x, I have been getting "New Hardware Found..." messages when booting Windows XP in the Parallels VM. The new hardware is "Virtual ComboMouse" and "Virtual Hub". I initially tried looking for drivers to no avail, so now just cancel through the messages. My mouse behaves fine, and I have only connected devices through the host MacOS.

Anyone know of this condition? Is these a way to appease Windows so it does not bug me each time I reboot?

I have a second issue open with Support, where my Parallels virtual machine crashes. On restart, my Windows VM immediately comes up in the same state it was (i.e., no Windows corruption/crash). I'll post this under a separate thread but mentioned it here in case this could be related to the above issue. Don't really think so, but who knows?

Regards,
    Tim

Tera Poster

If your virtual machine has a USB controller, but you don't use any USB devices (other than keyboard and mouse which can be emulated as PS/2 devices), then remove the USB controller from the virtual machine hardware configuration.