ecs 2.0 RC5 works

Discussion in 'Other Guest OS Types Discussion' started by m.campagnoli, Jul 29, 2008.

1. m.campagnoli

m.campagnoli Bit poster

Just installed OS/2 ECS 2.0 RC5 as guest on Ubuntu hardy.
    Works perfectly.
    Follow mouse.sys workaround explained in this forum to use mouse pointer integration.

2. mdlueck

mdlueck Member

Funny you mention mouse troubles...

What mouse workarounds are you referring to? I searched this forum for "mouse" and came up with very few hits.

I am having trouble getting the mouse driver to work with eCS 1.2R.

The driver for eCS 1.2 gives the following error when booting - see attachment.

The driver for OS/2 properly loads, looks like it is working, but does not respond to mouse clicks.

These findings were running on Ubuntu 8.04 and the 2232 build that works with 8.04.

I am also running SNAP 3.1.8, installed from: snapse-ecs-3.1.8.zip

3. mdlueck

mdlueck Member

I think I found the suggestion you were referring to...

But there is further troubles.

OS/2 eCS 1.2R Parallels mouse driver with latest SNAP versions hangs during boot
    http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=22508

If you happen to have a solution for this detail, it would be welcomed. Thanks!

4. m.campagnoli

m.campagnoli Bit poster

I am using ECS 2 RC5

Once you have mounted parrallel tool drive you have to:

1) install the mouse package included in \drivers\mouse\os2 by running install.cmd and not the one included in \drivers\mouse\ecs12
    2) move mouse.sys only (and not the other dll files) from \drivers\mouse\ecs12 to c:\os2\boot
    3) reboot the VM

this worked for me.

The only problem left is that the caps lock is not working, or better, it's working but to led appears on the keyboard.

After this just copy in os2\boot the file mouse.sys included in \drivers\mouse\ecs12

5. mdlueck

mdlueck Member

Thank you so much!

Indeed those steps did work with eCS 1.2R!