activation keys lost

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by cldepl, Dec 6, 2012.

1. cldepl

cldepl Bit poster

Hi,
    I've just updated my macbook pro to Mountain lion and my parallels 5 upgraded to 6 doesn't work anymore. so I wanted to upgrade to 7 but I don't have the activation keys with me here how can I find them in my mac. (they are legitimate but written on a print of the confirmation email at 900 km from where I am now and not accessible before 6 weeks)
    as the update cannot work directly from 6 (not working anymore) how can I do an upgrade in 7 or 8 and what would be the price.
    from 6 to 8 is that still considered as an upgrade or do I have to buy the full license again?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  2. FrederickE

FrederickE Banned

You might try contacting the company from where you got the Windows 7 from to see if they may be able to issue a new key number for it, or may be able to tell you what your key number is based on the serial number on the Windows 7 installation disc

Php classifieds

3. JamesC7

JamesC7 Bit poster

having the same issue

4. cane12

cane12 Bit poster

Is there other way to get the lost activation key? I'm having the same problem right now, I just bought a new pc last week :(
    --cane

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  5. MonicaH

MonicaH Bit poster

Hi
    If you are lost your activation keys the follow the below steps:
    Put the Vista installation disc into your computer's CD drive and wait for it to load.
    Click on the "Start" menu and select "Computer:" Choose the installation CD from the Computer window.
    Choose the folder labeled "Sources" and find the information file within the folder called "Inf."
    Select the .cfg file named "setup" in the information file.
    Scroll to the last line of text in the setup file to find the activation key.
    You can highlight and copy the text from the setup file directly.

6. tuanduc

tuanduc Bit poster

You can seach win7loader conduct register win.

7. cuongl

cuongl Bit poster

is that crack software