Bluetooth support

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by HelgeR, Aug 24, 2012.

1. I want to connect to a bluetooth device from win 7, but when I click on Devices/USB/Apple Bluetooth USB Host Controller,
    then I am presented with a message box that tells me to insert he Mac OS X installation DVD and install a driver.

Unfortunately I do not have an installation DVD, none came with my mac, and I am very very new to macs so I do not know how to make one. I found a description on the net, but the resulting DVD contains the Mountain Lion installation package, and I cannot find the /Drivers/Apple/AppleBluetoothInstaller.exe mentioned in the popup box.

The message box refers to a knowledge base article (kb.parallels.com/en/5962), but that doesn't help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Helge
  2. strells

strells Product Expert

What Mac do you have? What type of BT device are you trying to use? If it's just a mouse or keyboard, you don't need to install the BT drivers.

That KB article is a little old. You can get the Boot Camp Bluetooth drivers you need following this article from Apple:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4407

Then follow Parallels instructions using the disk you burn.

Steve
  3. I have a Macbook pro 13" bought last week.
    It is astronomy mount, so not really a standard usb device :)

I have a usb bluetooth dongle that I can use, but thought that it would be much nicer if I could use the inbuilt Bluetooth.
    Thanks for the link, I will try that.

Helge
  4. I did as it said in the link and found the exe file. However I get a message that I need the 64 bit version. Any idea where I can find that?

Helge