Can I activate Parallels Desktop 10 on my new MAC with the same key?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by 有峰_郝, Nov 11, 2014.

1. 有峰_郝

有峰_郝 Bit poster

I have bought Parallels Desktop 10 for my macbook and I got a new mac recently. Can I uninstall Parallels on my old macbook and use the key to activate it on the new mac?

2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi - yes, that is possible as long as you use it on one Mac only

3. Akshatha M

Akshatha M Junior Member

Hi,
    You can use the same key for the activation.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  4. Guy1

Guy1 Bit poster

Are you certain of that? I am using Parellels 9 and upgraded to 10.10 and lost the activation on Windows 7. I contacted Microsoft and they refused to allow me to activate again. I purchased your product bundled with Windows 7 and I want to know if I upgrade to Parallels 10 will I be able to use my activation number? Your company has been very vague on this matter and up to now I feel I have been ripped off. Please let me know if I can use my Windows 7 code in Parallels 10.

Guy

Oem System Builder Pack
    Windows 9 Build 7601

5. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi - the initial question was about Parallels Desktop only and was not related to Windows.
    Parallels Desktop and Windows keys are absolutely different and don't "talk" to each other.
    So you upgraded your host OS (Mac) to Yosemite and your Windows in Parallels Desktop 9 virtual machine asked for the license key again? Host OS upgrade does not impact Windows in VM - that could be a coincidence. Parallels does not have access/control over Microsoft license keys and we cannot help to reset them. The only thing I can suggest is to give them a call again and explain you are still using your copy of Windows on one PC (that is what they are concerned about) - that should help.