Does Parallels work with thermal printers?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ricksure, Jan 30, 2018.

1. ricksure

ricksure Bit poster

I have several Macs but keep one Windows PC to process ecommerce orders. I need this because of a particular piece of Windows-only client software that connects to our shipping provider and a thermal printer with Windows-only drivers. The PC is playing up and I would love to replace it with a Mac running Parallels.
    My shipping provider does not support Mac so I'm on my own. However, they admitted that some customers have successfully set this up while others have had issues with the VM not detecting the thermal printer. I suspect their shipping client software will work okay. However, I know thermal printers can be troublesome so I'm worried this might not work.
    Is anyone using Parallels successfully with a thermal printer? If it helps, mine is an Argox OS-2140D.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ricksure , we have a 14 days free trial for Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can activate it and check the compatibility of the printer model you have and if you are satisfied , you can go ahead and purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac.

3. ricksure

ricksure Bit poster

Will I have to buy a Windows license, or did I read that Windows 10 now allows you to trial it as well?

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ricksure, you can check with Microsoft if they have any trial version of Windows.