End of Sales and End of Life announcement for Parallels Access

Discussion in 'Parallels Access and Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Mikhail Ushakov, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Parallels Access is discontinued as of March 5, 2024, and will no longer be available for purchase or renewal after this date. Parallels will support existing subscriptions until April 30, 2024. If you have Parallels Access as a free bonus software for purchasing a Parallels Desktop license, please note that Parallels Access will no longer be available for activation as part of your Parallels Desktop license as of March 5, 2024
    Please note, after April 30, 2024, Parallels Access will no longer receive support and you will no longer be able to use Parallels Access in any environment.

Why are we taking this action?

Advancements in technology and shifts in the market landscape have led us to re-evaluate our product lineup.
    As a result, we have decided to discontinue our development and support of Parallels Access. This decision allows us to concentrate our resources on developing and enhancing other Parallels products that continue to deliver value and innovation.
    We remain focused on delivering high-quality solutions that best meet the evolving needs of our customers.

What this means for you right now
    Purchases and renewals
    Effective immediately, Parallels Access will no longer be available for purchase or renewal. We encourage you to look for an alternative solution that suits your needs. If your license term ends before March 5, 2024, you do not need to take any action. Your term will end on your license expiration date and will not be renewed.  

Usage of Parallels Access offered as a bonus software for a Parallels Desktop license
    If you are actively using Parallels Access through your Parallels Desktop subscription, you will continue to receive support until April 30, 2024. We encourage you to begin exploring alternative solutions to ensure a smooth transition once Parallels Access becomes unavailable.

2. SeanK11

SeanK11 Bit poster

I just cancelled my auto-renew that was set to roll over 26 days from now. Access was the most frequently used feature for me with Parallel.

3. EugeneZ1

EugeneZ1 Bit poster

in current environment, this is most disappointing news ever. We give you 90 days, go find alternative.. wow. is parallels going to end same way?

4. NoelJ

NoelJ Bit poster

90 days? More like 60 days!
    I use this a lot when traveling. Very disappointed.
    Come on parallels, how about offering an alternative?

5. Beachside

Beachside Bit poster

I'm with the others on this. Parallels Access was one of the key reasons I kept my Parallels Desktop subscription alive. I've disabled my autorenewal and will move over to other alternatives, which will be more than sufficient for my needs.

6. kkramar

kkramar Junior Member

I still rely on Parallels Desktop for virtualization of operating systems (I think it's the best Mac solution), but I found Access to be very useful for remote access and am sad to see it go.

I've setup a Raspberry Pi with OpenVPN as a temporary VNC solution, but there can be issues with IP addressing depending on the LAN you're connecting from, if it's the same IP range as your own LAN, routing may not work correctly.

As an alternative service, I'm looking at Splashtop... their client supports Mac, Windows, Linux & Android host systems, their lower tier pricing is competitive with the Parallels Access Business product pricing, they offer Mac, Windows, iOS & Android control apps for accessing your computers, plus you can connect via web browser - so the features are similar to what Access offered. They have a free trial (no credit card required), so you can evaluate to see if it's a good fit.

There are other products out there like TeamViewer, RemotePC, AnyDesk, Zoho, etc, but Splashtop seems best for my desire to simply replace functions Access provided without being overly pricey.

Hope this helps some folks looking for Access alternatives.