End of Sales and End of Life announcement for Parallels Access

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Mikhail Ushakov, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Parallels Access is discontinued as of March 5, 2024, and will no longer be available for purchase or renewal after this date. Parallels will support existing subscriptions until April 30, 2024. If you have Parallels Access as a free bonus software for purchasing a Parallels Desktop license, please note that Parallels Access will no longer be available for activation as part of your Parallels Desktop license as of March 5, 2024
    Please note, after April 30, 2024, Parallels Access will no longer receive support and you will no longer be able to use Parallels Access in any environment.

Why are we taking this action?
    Advancements in technology and shifts in the market landscape have led us to re-evaluate our product lineup.
    As a result, we have decided to discontinue our development and support of Parallels Access. This decision allows us to concentrate our resources on developing and enhancing other Parallels products that continue to deliver value and innovation.
    We remain focused on delivering high-quality solutions that best meet the evolving needs of our customers.

What this means for you right now
    Purchases and renewals
    Effective immediately, Parallels Access will no longer be available for purchase or renewal. We encourage you to look for an alternative solution that suits your needs. If your license term ends before March 5, 2024, you do not need to take any action. Your term will end on your license expiration date and will not be renewed.  

For current Parallels Access subscribers
    If you have purchased a Parallels Access subscription, please note that your Parallels Access service will remain operational and supported until April 30, 2024. After this date, please be aware that the application will cease to function on all platforms and environments.

Usage of Parallels Access offered as a bonus software for a Parallels Desktop license
    If you are actively using Parallels Access through your Parallels Desktop subscription, you will continue to receive support until April 30, 2024. We encourage you to begin exploring alternative solutions to ensure a smooth transition once Parallels Access becomes unavailable.

2. paulgarb

paulgarb Bit poster

Shocking and VERY disappointing - it does explain why it has been 'flaky' for a while I guess. The first steps of me walking away from Parallels products.

NickD15 and JonathanB34 like this.
  3. JudsonH

JudsonH

So I literally sent in money for a year's subscription 2 weeks ago! Will you reimburse me when you discontinue Access?

NickD15 likes this.
  4. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    We understand that inconveniences can arise, and we sincerely apologize for any disruption you may have encountered.
    At Parallels, our commitment to providing excellent support remains unwavering, and we are here to assist you every step of the way.
    To ensure your concerns are addressed promptly and effectively, we recommend taking advantage of our dedicated support system. Please submit a support case detailing your concerns by visiting parallels.com/support.
    This streamlined process allows us to efficiently gather the necessary information and provide you with the assistance you need.
    Thank you.

5. NickD15

NickD15 Bit poster

Well that was a non-answer.

Would it be that difficult to post the answer to this question here? I suspect that this a way to bury the fact that it's going to be an answer that won't be popular.

JonathanB34 and Greek Taylor like this.
  6. JonathanB34

JonathanB34

Really unimpressed by the complete lack of advance warning of this arbitrary decision, never mind that Parallels has been a trusted brand for me for many years as a Subscriber to Parallels. I have sufficient time before the end of my current subscription period to investigate other virtualisation tools that are available, especially as my requirements for a supported Windows environment are modest, and only an occasional user of other operating systems.

The fact that a Parallels representative is unable or unwilling even to give a meaningful answer to the question posed above does not inspire confidence either. Perhaps this is the beginning of the end for many of us loyal customers - is that the objective? Shed the small time customers to focus on Enterprise? This is ill-considered Parallels - get it together! There is no situation that is so bad you can't make it worse....

NickD15 likes this.
  7. scottc15

scottc15 Bit poster

Parallels access was one of the reasons I subscribed to parallels products which I find excellent. The answer is just corporate bullshit and to me warrants alarm bells that this is only the start of changes. I have cancelled my auto renewal and will start looking at alternatives as I do need the emulator.

8. UdoW5

UdoW5 Bit poster

Simply outrageous. I paid for my license via Apple until August. Fly out now and should get my money back from Apple (the parallels support told me)? I will never buy Parallels products again if they are discontinued at such short notice. I can't build a business on that.