Mac to PC Sharing, Drag and Drop, and Copy and Paste not work: version 18, Windows 10, Mac Ventura

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TomT16, Mar 24, 2023.

1. TomT16

TomT16 Bit poster

After an upgrade from Parallels Desktop 17 -> 18 running Mac Ventura and Windows 10 on a VM, all sharing, network presence, drag and drop, and copy and paste no longer works. I thought this problem may stem updates in the Windows firewall app. I've checked all relevant settings -- nothing works.

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    As a possible solution, kindly reinstall Parallels Tools: in the top menu click Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools, wait for the installation to finish, restart the virtual machine.
    If the issue persists, please collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.
    Thank you.

3. robv10

robv10 Bit poster

Same problem here, running a M3 Max MacBook Pro and Parallels Desktop and Windows 11 Pro. Before the upgrade yesterday copying and pasting both directions was working perfectly, after the update not anymore. I've reinstalled Parallels Desktop and Parallels Tools and the new Bi-directional option is set correctly but it doesn't work anymore.

4. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello Rob,

Please collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.

Thank you.

5. robv10

robv10 Bit poster

This is the report ID: 453904829

6. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Please note that your support case #46••••4, has been escalated to the Second line Technical Support, and you will shortly receive further instructions via your email.
    Thank you.