macOS VM won't boot

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by BobE4, Mar 21, 2024.

1. BobE4

BobE4 Bit poster

I recently created a new MacOS VM on Parallels 19 for Mac (v 19.3.0) but instead of running I get the macOS "Starting" splash screen with a spinning logo that disappears after about a minute then disappears along with the splash screen leaving the Parallels "Control Center" panel as if noting has happened? I am running Sonoma v14.4.
    Any advice please?

Thanks, Bob

Attached Files:

2. AndersB

AndersB

I have the same issue.

BobE4 likes this.
  3. DUSANS1

DUSANS1 Bit poster

After upgrade to Sonoma v14.4 my MacOS VM won't boot ! The screen show some APFSStart messages related to mounting with apfs_efi_osx-2235.80.4.0.1 but then black screen appears and after seconds it show the same again, black screen, messages, black screen ... it is crazy. Any advice what to do ?
    upload_2024-3-24_0-26-40.png
    Thanks in advance, Dusan

4. Adrian10

Adrian10 Bit poster

Hi Bob, any luck with solving that issue? I have the exact same thing unfortunatelly. I'm on Macbook Pro m3 Sonoma 14.3.1 with
    Parallels 19.3.0.

Thanks

5. BobE4

BobE4 Bit poster

Hi Adrian .. no luck so far but I will open a support ticket and if I get a solution I will post it on her. Bob

6. Adrian10

Adrian10 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply Bob.
    I think I've solved my issue. The problem was with a blocked internet connection. I'm guessing the macOS installation or Parallels were trying to connect and that's why it was stuck on the spinning logo for couple of minutes and then just shut down after it reached the timeout. A bit weird, but for me it was my VPN (Mullvad) that was causing that. The installation process went through after I disabled it.
    Oh, and later I also had to change the Network settings from "Shared Network" to "Default Adapter" to have both VPN on host machine and internet connection on the Virtual Machine.
    Hope that will help with your issue.