Parallels on older iMac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by RichardL34, Dec 19, 2023.

1. RichardL34

RichardL34 Bit poster

Hello All, I have a question about an issue running Parrellels on an older iMac. This is a 2009, which is running Sonoma. It has maximum RAM and SSD and runs quite well. I want to run a simple installation of XP and some application on that.
    I have tested my setup on a my 2019 iMac and my 2019 Macbook Air.
    On the 2009, it complains of the Parallels driver not loading and the solution for that is always to go into Security and Privacy in the settings and choose allow, when there is a prompt. However, on my 2009, the allow prompts do not seem to appear. I cannot see it so that I can allow it. I do not know if this would even help, but it seems like I should start with that. Is there somewhere to allow this manually?
    I have allowed full disk access, and allowed it in Security and Privacy Accessibility.
    I have tried my previous versions 16, and 18, but the same driver fails when trying to make my first vm.
    I know this not supported and and I am just hoping someone has some insight on how I can get this to work.
    Thanks.