Parallels with "dual monitors"

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Anibal de Oliveira, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Anibal de Oliveira

Anibal de Oliveira Bit poster

I have a MacBook Black and I installed in it Parallels 4,0 with Windows XP Profesional. Currently I use the LCD of the monitor of MacBook and another monitor with the video output to be have "a bigger desktop".

If I move any window (ex.: Safari) to the right side of the monitor and it appear in my external monitor.
    However, the programs of Windows that I open in the Parallels do not make the same.

How I can make the Parallels to recognize the external monitor and to also extend my Desktop of the Windows for it?

PS.: Sorry about my REALLY BAD English... i'm Brazilian and using a web-translator.

2. Paco Porras

Paco Porras Bit poster

hi,

did you find a solution for this problem ?

obrigado

3. Claudio Rodrigues

Claudio Rodrigues Bit poster

All you need to do is to enable it under the Virtual Machine configuration. It is under Coherence (see attached screenshot).

CR

Attached Files:

4. Paco Porras

Paco Porras Bit poster

hi,

obviously I tried this but in my case it does not work

i try to drag the window between the two displays using the mouse, but it can not trespass the windows bar (my configuration is the main window down and the external display up the main window)

i think once i tried external display on the left and it worked

can it be a BUG ????

5. Paco Porras

Paco Porras Bit poster

effectively, if I switch the external monitor to left, no problem

but at the botton ---> problem

so ladys and gentleman, this is a BUG, is not it ?

6. Paco Porras

Paco Porras Bit poster

can at least somebody say if it work for he/she ?