Please help!!! Parallels is resetting and my Virtual Machine is gone

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by MuhammadS, Feb 6, 2012.

1. MuhammadS

MuhammadS

I haven't accessed my computer for a couple of months or so. So as soon as I got back, I downloaded all the necessary upgrades I've missed for the last couple of months.

As I was going to upgrade my Parallels, it told me to register AGAIN. After doing that, it than told me to INSTALL a new virtual machine. So it seems that Parallels reset it self and my virtual machine (WIN XP) is also gone. I looked in my home folder and there is still a Applications (Parallels) folder and the files seems to all be there. There is a Parallels subforlder in my Documents folder, but there is nothing in it.

Am I missing something? I'm not computer savvy, but I don't think I'm that dumb to delete a whole OS? A big chunk of my thesis was in there!!! What's going on? Please help!!!

2. adelisab

adelisab

Hi

can you please run it safe mode and restore it from previous date restore point using system restore so that all update will loss not data .
    [​IMG]

3. YanaYana

YanaYana Parallels Support

i suggest you to look in Spotlight - just typ your virtual machine name and pvm extension, e.g. WindowsXP.pvm

4. MuhammadS

MuhammadS

Thank you I will try this. I'll tell you how it goes.

5. MuhammadS

MuhammadS

Woo hooo thanks very much! You really saved my skin!!! I found the .pvm files under the Shared Folder. Is it supposed to be there? Should I move it somewhere else?

6. YanaYana

YanaYana Parallels Support

it can be in shared folder - no prob